- US Patent Attorney
- US Attorney-at-law, member of the New York State Bar
Technical background and specialties
- BSc in Materials Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BSc in Electrical Communications Technology, Open University of Hong Kong
- Juris Doctor, George Mason University
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property, George Mason University
Margaret has served at the USPTO as both a Chemical Patent Examiner and as an Electrical Patent Examiner. She also has gained extensive in-house experience in a number of esteemed private technological institutions. After that, Margaret began her career in private practice at a US law firm, which represented the largest US surgical device manufacturing company at that time. Margaret also has international experience as a patent attorney for six years at a Tokyo IP law firm, and as a lead US Attorney in a reputable Hong Kong IP firm.
Her patent prosecution experience and opinion work cover a wide range of technologies including the technical fields of displays, photographic materials, imaging devices, telecommunications, mobile networks, printers, cameras, semiconductors, microelectronic devices, fiber optic systems, and biomedical devices. She has also engaged in intellectual property strategies, patent portfolio developments, product design reviews, freedom-to-operate and infringement opinions, and IP enforcement cases.